Sunday, October 6, 2013

Jesus Killing Innocent Babies

One time I was challenged to offer an objection to Islam.  I replied with the topic of Love in the Quran, or lack thereof.

This very knowledgeable sheikh replied by quoting a verse from the Old Testament that pertained to God and violence.  I do not know much about the Old Testament, so I asked if he had anything from the New Testament.
He then proceeded to quote from the book of Revelations:

The Son of God, the One whose eyes are like a fiery flame and whose feet are like fine bronze, says: 19 I know your works—your love, faithfulness, service, and endurance. Your last works are greater than the first. 20 But I have this against you: You tolerate the woman Jezebel, who calls herself a prophetess and teaches and deceives My slaves to commit sexual immorality and to eat meat sacrificed to idols. 21 I gave her time to repent, but she does not want to repent of her sexual immorality. 22 Look! I will throw her into a sickbed and those who commit adultery with her into great tribulation, unless they repent of her practices. 23 I will kill her children with the plague.
(Revelations 2:18-23)

Fine, this may be a valid point. 
But then he went on to say something like this: "Do you see now how Jesus is killing these innocent babies?" 

He specifically used the phrase "innocent babies".  The text does not speak of "babies", and the children mentioned are likely to refer to people seduced into sexual immorality.

No comments:

Post a Comment