Monday, September 9, 2013

Where does Jesus say, "I am God, Worship me"? Also: Muslims with Stockholm Syndrome +

Sometimes Muslims demand a verse where Jesus says "I am God, worship me."  But those exact words are not in the Bible.

However, I think their question reveals something about the Muslim state of mind.  From the Muslim perspective, if Jesus were God, then he would certainly have made everyone bow before him the same way as Allah demands of Muslims in their prayers.

Sometimes I wonder why Muslims give Mohammed so much benefit of the doubt, and so little to the Bible. Muslims have to believe in so many strained interpretations and conjectures.

After observing this so often I concluded that they must be suffering from a form of the psychological condition called "Stockholm syndrome", which is where people start to identify with their captors.  Or something like "battered wife syndrome" where an battered wife defends her abusive husband for reasons her friends don't understand.

  In Islam, Muslims live in constant fear of eternal hellfire.  So they must submit to many demands, like praying five times a day and fasting, and abstaining from perfectly good foods, so I think that this  interferes with their objectivity.

In Christianity, we have:

... the goodness of God leads you to repentance
--Romans 2:4

We love him, because he first loved us.
--1 John 4:19

No comments:

Post a Comment